Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Black and White

A random post for the day. 

I came across several rolls of films that I haven't developed yet. Some of them probably date back 4-5 years~ In fact, some of my cameras still have unfinished film inside them, and I cannot remember for the life of me what is in it. I will only find out when I finally get them developed. I also dug out some old pictures that I took with my various manual cameras I adopted a long time ago. I have so many pictures that didn't turn out well, and only a few that I really really love. 

I am by no means an expert photographer, but I do find myself in possession of random cameras. I love my Holga and my Olympus half frame cameras for dreamy vintage style pictures. I used to shoot most of my pictures with my trusty Canon G10 (which i loved but RIP) but I have moved over to my new Canon SX-40. I shoot most of my jewelry pictures with my boyfriend's Canon 50D with his various lens. I have yet to master using my Minolta that I salvaged ( in mint condition) from a flea market in Kingston for a few dollars and my Canon A-1 that was donated to me by my cousin. 

I find that no matter how great SLR and digital camera pictures look, I still like the work put into taking pictures with manual cameras. I have yet to master it all, but I will be practicing more and more as the summer approaches.

The following pictures are compilations of pictures I took in Ottawa with my Canon A-1 in black and white film.


No comments:

Post a Comment